Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Easy Coconut Shrimp

If you like shrimp, there's a good chance you love coconut shrimp too - it's just so delicious!!  It's always good in a restaurant and I'm not ashamed to say, I've bought frozen coconut shrimp in a box!! I won't be buying it any more, not after trying this recipe. I pinned it today on Pinterest and tried it that quickly and now, I am blogging about it just as quickly!!  Click right here and you can see the original recipe on Sallys Baking Addiction.


Easy Coconut Shrimp


1/3 c. all purpose flour

1/2 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. pepper

2 large eggs, beaten

3/4 c. Panko bread crumbs

1 c. sweetened shredded coconut

1 pound raw large shrimp, peeled and deveined

Vegetable oil or coconut oil


Start with 3 medium bowls.  Combine flour, salt & pepper in one.  Beat the eggs in the second bowl.  Combine Panko and coconut in third bowl.


Dip the shrimp into the flour, then the eggs, then dredge the shrimp into the coconut mixture, pressing gently to adhere.  Get as much coconut on as you can.  Place on a platter while you continue the dipping process.


Add enough oil to cover the the bottom of a large skillet, mine was large enough that I could cook them all at once.  Then, just fry as you would any shrimp.


Those morsels are delectable!!  You can dip them with a sweet chili sauce or a sweet & sour sauce, which is what we used.


I have made coconut shrimp before in the oven, they were drier and the coconut tended to fall off, this recipe is way better and so easy!!  We loved them - I'll be making them again!!





4 comments:

  1. I know what I am making this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy - you always make me hungry! I love shrimp and we fry it a lot in butter and garlic sauce but this looks awesome. I have also bought them out of a box lol

    ReplyDelete