Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Linguine with Clam Sauce

If you're looking for a tasty and easy meal - give this Linguine with Clam Sauce a try - it's one of our regulars meals - I cook enough pasta for two - usually I use  whole wheat but I only had the Catelli Smart kind - fake whole wheat, I call it - they call it - white pasta with the fibre benefit of whole wheat.

Cook linguine or spaghetti.  Meanwhile, in skillet, heat 2 tbsp. butter; cook 1 chopped small onion and 2 minced garlic cloves until softened but not browned.  Stir in 1/4 cup white wine and the liquid drained from a can of baby clams; cook until reduced by half.  Add drained clams, some parsley and black pepper to taste, cook for 1 minute more.  Toss with hot, drained pasta.


I'm linking this recipe up with Addicted to RecipesSunny Simple Mondays and Homemaker on a Dime




3 comments:

  1. This always sounds so good, but not sure the hubby would be a clam eater! lol.. And your pic sure makes it look good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted to try linguine & clams but never found a recipe that looked easy enough, until now! I'm pinning this for sure.

    :-)

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would be a nice dish for these summer months when it's best to keep meals simple and fresh! Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete