Monday, June 3, 2013

Banana Bran Muffins

I haven't been keeping up on my Pinned from Pinterest posts at all and this isn't one either, I know I haven't been baking as much now that the nice weather is here, that's my excuse!  But, I had some bananas that were past their prime, I was in the mood for muffins but not my regular banana chocolate chip, so  I tried this recipe and they're really good!  It's out of a local charity cookbook, those recipes are often the best - easy to make with ingredients you probably have on hand and more often than not - really tasty.  


Banana Bran Muffins


1/2 c. soft margarine

1/2 c. brown sugar

2 eggs

2/3 c. milk

1 c. bananas, mashed

1 c. flour

2 1/2 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. baking soda

1/4 tsp. salt

1 tsp. cinnamon

1 1/2 c. natural bran

1 tsp. vanilla

1/2 c. raisins or walnuts(I used pecans)


Blend margarine and sugar together.  Add eggs, mix well.  Combine milk and mashed bananas.  Add to egg and sugar mixture.  Add dry ingredients, mix until moistened.  Add vanilla.  Bake in greased muffin pans at 400 for 18-20 minutes.  I used the paper muffin liners.  


I'm linking this recipe with Addicted to Recipes and Sunny Simple Mondays





3 comments:

  1. These sound so good! I know I would want to eat them ALL! I can't eat sugar any more but I could probably make it without sugar! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these sound so good! Would go great with my coffee right now. Yes, it's 5pm, and I'm still walking around with a mug of coffee! No wonder I never sleep!
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good recipe to keep on hand! I always have a few brown bananas laying around!

    ReplyDelete