Friday, February 1, 2013

Do You Smash???

Do you Smash?  To some that may seem like a silly question, but others will know just what I'm referring  to - smashing - the act of sticking your cool stuff into this awesome book.   My friend, Sharon has wanted me to give it a try - I finally bought a book last week - there are different books and from what I hear, new ones have just come out.  I purchased mine at Michael's - I bought a kit which I thought was a great way to start out - because it came with the combo glue stick/pen, stickers, tabs and a bunch of other goodies.  Walmart also carries this size of album - I'm in Canada so choices are limited..  This could be addicting, now I've gone to Michael's twice to get in on their 70% off sale - some things were only 7 cents!!!!  Yes, 7 cents!!  Here is the site for K&C Company  - you can see and read what the Smash craze is all about.  There is even a Smashaholics group on Facebook - it's popular!

Some of my loot



Smash Red Doodle






My first Smash pages!!  In 2004 I was able to attend the Diana Dresses for Humanity Exhibit in Toronto - it was something I'll never forget - I purchased a set of cards that showed the dresses - the pink card on the left side is from that set.  I'm really pleased with how the pages turned out - for my first attempt, not bad - now, what will I start next - there is no limit on the possibilities.  It's really fun!  


I'm linking up with Jann at Share Your Cup Thursday and A Favorite Thing, because this could be one of my favorite new things!

15 comments:

  1. Smash books! My new obsession! My mom bought one last week and kept on talking about how cool it was and how much she enjoyed it, so I caved and bought one. I had seen them before but avoided buying one because I don't really need any new hobbies. I'm glad I did! Your pages are lovely! Such a neat way to remember a touching event like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a smash book and need to start working on it. I'm going to make it all things Paris as I lead up to my trip in Sept. Your first pages are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's an affordable version of scrapbooking and much more time smart for most people! Youre Diana pages are sweet; you was so beautiful and ...how about a page for hats???

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK-you are getting more Crafty each time you post! LOL
    I hadn't heard of the term SMASH BOOK, but it seems like it's the same as having a Glue Book. ??? All you do is glue things in your book? I could do this!
    I just got back from Michaels. My sister had given me a gift card for my b-day. I think I was there for an hour and a half! They have such good things right now!
    Your Diana page looks great!
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's the difference between a Smash book & just plain old scrapbooking?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a few smash pads and have made journaling cards out of them (adding extra bits and ribbons). Like what you've done with your album!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool! I have never scrapbooked (too fussy and exact for me), but smashing memories/likes into a folio is a more casual way to record memories. Thanks for the introduction!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not familiar with Smashing. Is it like scrapbooking? I'm glad you're having fun with it!

    Thanks so much for joining in this week!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like scrapbooking without the photos?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post Jill! You explained it very well! Can't wait to see what you smash next!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was just at Winners and they had a Smash kit on clearance..I thought of you! I was tempted but then remembered that I have a bin a scrapbooking materials I should use up first!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've heard of smash books, sound like a lot of fun - love the thought of less structured scrapbooking!

    Happy week to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't know these books had come back. What a fun project to lead up to your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks awesome Jill! Im so bummed missed out on michaels crazy sale! Grrr. Ill have to get one of these and try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, and no. lol! I have always kind of done this but didn't know it was called smashing. I love K&C Co. Have a smashing good time my friend! Thanks for sharing withS SYC. Hey, made the muffins. I used pure maple. Not sure I would have known it was in there if I hadn't made them myself, but they were super moist and yummy. Of course I doubled the topping recipe. Hubby and I both loved them.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete