Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Button Wreath - from Pinterest

Another week, another made from Pinterest post - I don't know how I am going to come up with a different beginning for every week -it's still January and I'm already having trouble with that part.  


I posted a random picture this morning on Instagram of my button wreath - I'm just new on Instagram in the past few weeks - follow me, I'll follow you back - my user name is mackaypj.  Back to the wreath - this isn't something I've made in the past week, I've actually made a few and given them as gifts but I do have these two left for me.  I have tons and tons of vintage buttons - just another phase of collecting.....  As always, click on the picture for a better view...  


Perfect for Valentine's Day!


You  need lots of buttons - 


I am not a real crafty person, I try to be, but I'm really not,  that's why I don't know the proper name for this wreath form.  I found this one works best, they're expensive, but cutting it in half at least gets you two wreaths.  I take somenice ribbon and wrap it all the wreath,  glue it at the end - then, you're ready to start gluing the buttons on.  I like to make them nice and full, so buttons on top of buttons.


I tried different types of glue but this one seems to work best for  this project, I   bought it at Walmart.  Here is the original site that I pinned from - she used a template,  I think my method works just as well.

I always have a surplus of the dark buttons,  the dark ones are my favorites.  I've made all white ones for gifts, they're pretty  too - which one do you like best - the red buttons or the dark ones?


It's time to link up with Sue at Rednesday - I just know there's going to be all kinds of Valentine beauty over there.  I am also linking up with a new to me blog hop -Adorned from Above


17 comments:

  1. Jill! Your wreaths turned out AMAZING!!! I love the reds the best. This is the perfect project for Maddie especially since she has such a huge collection of vintage buttons. I never thought that I was crafy either until I tried a few projects. Doesn't it feel great to create something?

    Thanks so much for sharing. I can't wait to show Maddie.

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Despite your protest, your ARE crafty - go Jill!!
    Your wreaths are very nice. Love the red/pink/white one.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These wreaths are really sweet Jill. I like the red one for Valentines or Christmas and the dark one for fall. I think white would be really sweet too all year around. I like the idea of cutting the wreath in half to make two plus it would lay flat to hang and you'd use fewer buttons. Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know...you seem pretty Crafty to me! The button wreaths are too cute! I have a tin of my Grandma's old buttons, but I think it would use all of them up! I like the idea of an all white one. Maybe I'll start picking them up at the thrift with this project in mind.
    Great Crafty Project Jill! :)
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! A red one would look wonderful in my red kitchen!

    http://cottagesweetcottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. gotta love the red 1 but the dark would look perfect in my craftroom. love it. Happy Rednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think all the button wreaths are gorgeous. I too have lots of dark buttons and think they would be stunning in many spaces. The red is gorgeous of course!
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you Jill. You are doing some great work. The red wreath is a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, it's like you won the button box lottery there! I love the red one, valentines day aside, it's my favorite color. If I used that many buttons on a wreath I'd have none left for paper crafts...wait, maybe that would be a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how lovely! I would love to find old buttons - I have several cute and easy crafts for my grandkids (and us seniors who help them) that I'd like to try. But they are not as easy to find as they used to be, are they? Thanks for another fun idea for Rednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So lovely, love both wreaths. I must try this one day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love, love, love vintage buttons and love your wreaths! They turned out great. I just starting following you on Instagram...looking forward to seeing all your thrifty finds!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really nice! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you are very crafty to me, Jill! I usually get 3rd degree burns from the hot glue gun when I'm crafting! I like the idea of cutting the wreath in half and making two, I hadn't thought of that. Yours all turned out beautiful. I'll have to find a good deal on some buttons,
    xoxo
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jill, so cute! You know this lover of red is loving the red one. Both are very cute and I bet the white ones are just elegant.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love yur button wreath...so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your wreaths turned out amazing! I love vintage buttons, and I think this is a great use of them! Great job! I have been on a Pinterest review kick myself, so if you have time, stop on by. thanks for posting this great inspiration!
    Kristen
    www.wonderfulathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete