Saturday, January 12, 2013

Some Vera Scarves and a Bag

Even the Vera scarves have become very scarce at the thrifts, when I first started collecting these sweet scarves, it seems I would find one or two everytime I looked, but not anymore, right now, they're harder to find than ever....

But, I do have a few new ones to share....


Found this colorful one before Christmas


This is my first solid Vera - I must have spotted the tag, because , really, how would you know it was a Vera?


Six Balloons sent me this beautiful scarf before Christmas - it's such a pretty design and a ladybug, no less..  Thanks....


My very good friend, Carol, my pen pal since the 70's,  thought this seashell one appropriate for me - I think it is!!  She's a collector too, she was awfully nice to give this one up! 


How smart did I feel strolling around the other day with this Vera bag - Carol sent me this at Christmas - it came from the Metropolitan Museum of Art - I love it!!  Thank you!!!

I was browsing today and came upon a nice link up party at Mockingbird Hill Cottage  - this post really is My Favorite Thing - Vera scarves!  Check out Thriftasaurus too!  And while you're browsing around - head on over to all kinds of thrifty business at Apron Thrift Girl.  I'm also linking with Treasure Hunt Thursday - for the first time

 


19 comments:

  1. These are so familiar to me. Must be a senior moment: did I own some or simply covet them? In any case you have a fun and useful collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at an antique mall the other day and saw a gorgeous Vera vintage tablecloth! It was so beatiful and looked so similar to all of the ones I collect. I am going to be on hunt for them come estate sale season.

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too recall seeing Vera scarves quite often at the thrifts! I did however manage to find one just before Christmas. Love the one Six Balloons sent you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was an extra pretty batch! I love the shells and the one from six balloons! And what a fabulous bag as well!
    Yes, I fear that Vera has become a collection that many people want! Good thing that you were ahead of the game and already have a huge collection!
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for mentioning me, I am so very glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aren't her designs fun? My sister has some of her napkins.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Vera scarves are beautiful! What a lovely and practical thing to collect!

    Thanks so much for joining in this week!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so pretty. Wow - your eyes must be verrrry trained to have spotted a solid-colored one!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always enjoy seeing your newest additions to your Vera collection! Love the seashells! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful collection you have. I rarely see them and when I do, they're quite expensive. Found one at a church sale once and now you have me wondering where it is. I know I didn't sell it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are really getting quite a collection of Vera's! They are so pretty! I keep looking for some for you but so far, no luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely scarves, I really like the one with the yellow/gold border!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absoultely love Vera! I just picked up a scarf the other day too. They are so cheerful

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice! Thanx for joining THT!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great finds (and gifts)! I love the seashell pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Jill, I have a Vera table cloth from 1977 that we got as a shower gift. It has bright red, blue and yellow flowers on a white background. It has her signature on it but not the ladybug. I like your scarf collection especially the one of the seashells. Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  17. Vera scarves... SWEET!!! Nice finds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You brought back a wonderful memory for me! My mom had a bunch of Vera scarves. I kind of wish she had saved them now!

    ReplyDelete
  19. They're so pretty. It would be like wearing a piece o art. My young niece, 11, wanted a Vera purse for her birthday. Isn't it nice to see Vera popular with the young crowd once again too?

    ReplyDelete