Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Ceramic Tree and A Santa Blow Mold!!! Lucky Me!!

I've been wanting a ceramic Christmas tree and now I have one!!   My husband was out Christmas shopping, he called me from Value Village - thought it was a ceramic tree sitting on the floor   - I said " buy it."  Mydaughter Carla and I have been remembering  that someone had but we don't know who....  This one doesn't have a very nice base but I think I'll cover it up with some fabric - the base looks like a crude attempt at ceramics but there's nothing wrong with the tree.  It's mismatched lights - they're different sizes and some are shaped like birds - it's missing about five but nobody will see the back of it.

Yesterday I was at the Salvation Army looking through the kitchen items, I looked to the side and look what I saw... a Santa blow mold -  it was $4 - sold!!!  He's SO cute!!!!




I don't think I've ever seen vintage wrapping paper for sale either - 3 sheets for 10 cents - I think I'll put it in a frame.

I found a few linen items too - usually anything I see is too faded or too ugly - these aren't so bad - a large napkin, tea towel and an apron.  I also picked up a neat set of lights that are pretty cute too!

I guess not many people are cleaning out their cupboards this time of the year - there doesn't seem to be much Pyrex to find these days.  I did get this cute little 4 inch carafe that's missing the lid.  These Glasbake mugs took my eye - they're just in perfect condition.


And - just for a laugh - here's something that is not pretty at all - it was still in the box at Value Village - ready to hit the shelf - I wonder if anybody bought it today???


I'm linking up to Flea Market Finds , Vintage Thingie Thursday,Thrift Share Monday and The Penny Worthy Project  - there's just so many wonderful vintage things to see and read about on these blogs - pay them a  visit.

6 comments:

  1. It definitely was good day for your outing finding all these great things. I have had one of those ceramic trees for years. I have not put it out this year tho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many Christmas goodies!!! Lucky you!!! Our shops have pretty bare shelves about now!! Happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love that ceramic tree! I've been looking forever for one!! It looks to be in pretty decent shape too! I almost bought 2 vintage blow molds, Mr. & Mrs. Santa Clause, a few weeks ago at the flea market...I've kicked myself ever since for not getting them. Love yours! You were lucky to find the vintage wrapping paper...I never see that around here. I recently bought the same little Pyrex carafe that you found....it's so cute. Love those Glasbak mugs too! Really great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love it all and adore your tree--it's perfection!!!!
    Wishing you a happy holiday season!!!

    I'm your newest follower and it's so nice to meet you!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the tree and the Santa Blow Mold...great finds! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those glassbake mugs are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete