Thursday, November 24, 2011

Christmas Red and a Bit More

I went on a road trip yesterday to visit a friend - we had a great day - chatting, lunch out and shopping.  I probably should have been Christmas shopping but I didn't get one thing - but I did find a few neat Christmas items and some other things too..


I picked this up as soon as I saw it - it's just too cute - of course there was only one but I'll use it for a decoration anyway.  It was made in Japan - bought it at a real vintage price - 49 cents!!


The old Christmas lights are the best - I love the colors and the packages are always so unique too.  Price of these great old lights was $2.99


I've never seen one of these before - I bought it for the tinsel - what a great idea for a little tree.  Why don't they make things like this anymore?  Price for this was $1.75 - it was never opened.

My day was even better when I found a couple of pieces of Pyrex - this lime green cake pan - now I have three pieces of lime green


I don't see that much JAJ Pyrex - Pyrex that is made in England - and what I do see I don't care for it anyway, but this Toledo pattern is nice, I have one other piece and I use it all the time.  I paid $2.50 for each piece.


I'm linking up to Rednesday at Sue Loves Cherries and Vintage Thingie Thursday - always lots of neat posts on those great blogs - check them out!

5 comments:

  1. I didn't know Canadian lights were different than U.S.lights. The old Christmas stuff is fun, but my favorite is the green Pyrex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Santa on the old lights package is so great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It always seems you found much more that you like, than what you are looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Pyrex!! I also like the Christmas goodies you found!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for vintage decorations! I'm not big on orange, but I really like that pyrex design!

    ReplyDelete